October 22, 2012

What if you haven’t got all the skills that the employer is looking for?



In this case, you need to show how your existing skills can be transferred to suit the employer’s required skills. If we use the previous example of insurance claims, perhaps you haven’t any  experience working with motor claims so you could write : I have gained an extensive and thorough understanding of  insurance claims during my five years in the position of Senior Home Claims Handler. Or the more general : My present job has taught me qualities such as (include qualities that the employer is looking for).   How do you write supportive statements? Here are examples of strong, effective statements :

Working with .................... has taught me how important customer service is and has allowed me to become an excellent communicator.   I appreciate how important it is to be organised and my role as a ...................has increased my organising skills.   During my time as a .................... I have greatly increased my knowledge of computer systems and how to solve any technical problems.   As a ...................I have learnt to appreciate how important it is to be self motivated.   Whilst I am confident to work on my own I realise that I also need to  be part of a team. I recently went on a team building programme which I  thoroughly enjoyed as it helped me appreciate my colleagues.

My present position of .................... means that I spend a lot of time talking to customers. As a result, my listening and conversation skills have improved.   My long term experience as a ................... has taught me how to ...................   During my role as a .....................I have acquired many new skills such as .....................

My present position of .................. has prepared me for a variety of administrative duties, in particular ...................   What other statements can you use? Always use strong action words. Try to avoid ‘I feel’ or  ‘I think’ as these don’t make you sound confident of  your abilities. Also, don’t start every

sentence with ‘I’ or ‘My’.   Here are more examples which will help you with the main part of your letter:   I understand the need for .................... In this capacity I was able to ..................

Experience has taught me .................. The key strengths I possess are .................. I have experienced, first hand ................... My responsibilities include .................. You’ll find me well-spoken, energetic and confident.

I believe my skill as a ..................... I have extensive experience in ................... The ability to work as a team is one of my strongest skills.

In addition, I have gained working experience of .................. Furthermore, my time here has increased my knowledge of ................. I have excellent communication skills along with .................. My background in ..................has increased my understanding of ................ I appreciate the importance of ..................

And here is a list of strong words you can use  in your statements: accomplished   achieved    acquired assessed   balanced   briefed coached    collected    combined communicated   completed    convinced created   decided   delegated demonstrated   developed   educated effected   encouraged   exceeded formed    founded   functioned gained   gathered   generated guided   handled   highlighted identified    improved   increased instigated   instructed   introduced launched   led   maintained managed   marketed    motivated negotiated    networked    observed operated    ordered    organized participated    performed    prepared presented    prioritised    produced programmed    provided   realised received    recommended    redesigned reorganised    researched    revised selected    served    solved streamlined    strengthened    studied supported    targeted    taught traded    trained    transformed

Here are some strong words to describe yourself : able    accurate   adaptable consistent    creative    decisive dedicated    diligent    dynamic efficient    energetic    enthusiastic experienced    fast    flexible imaginative    inventive    motivated organised    outgoing    patient persistent    positive     practical productive    punctual    quick reliable    resourceful    responsible self-motivated    successful    strong talented    understanding    versatile

0 comments:

good luck

Ads 468x60px

r
ခြန္မို႔ေလာင္း မွၾကိဳဆိုပ္၏

Featured Posts